Wednesday, November 16, 2005
projects projects projects
 

well, things are finally starting to pick up and get busy around here. It seems that all the classes in unisen have decided to start the projects. Which means free time is going from overwhelming, down to null. Ahhh just like at OSU. :) And while the others are groaning about how much we have to do, I cant help but get excited and look forward to needing to pull all nighters again.

For my advertising class we are starting work on a campaign for a photography exhibit. The exhibit happens every year in September, so we're working on the ad campagin for 2006. Its a class effort, with our teacher acting as art director. Our competition is the other class. One of our campaigns will be used (unless of course they both suck ass. But that is doubtful, and of course my group is going to win). In visual design we started getting info on Bastard, an Italian company that makes skater/snowboard clothing and gear and such. Representatives from the company are coming next week to give us more info on what it is they are looking for. In the meantime we're doing as much research as possible. We're working independantly on this project, with the chance that our work will be used by Bastard. We've also started a project in my "photoshop" class, although I need to read through the assignment sheet with my dictionary still. I understand the gist of it, but others seem to think it is going to be hard (which I dont) so I'm wondering if I missed something. Once I figure out exactly what it is I'm doing, I'll let ya know.

So far I like all of my teachers decently enough, some are really good, like my photoshop teacher, who is always looking at me and asking "are you bored?" and apologizing for how slow the class is going - yet there are those who dont understand, so we cant move much faster. I think he generally feels bad that I'm fighting off sleep in his class (and it's a 4 hour long class!). He's full of all kinds of great knowledge though. Today I got a website off of him for a PAPER STORE (the first I've heard of in Italy!). I'm very excited to go and check it out....

The only teacher who I am learning to despise is my Flash teacher. I dont know why he is such an ass to me, but I've decided to return the favor. We move so freaking slow in that class. It's boring to follow his exercises exactly, its all things I already know how to do. So in an effort to use the time productively, I mess around with flash and try to learn something new. Other people in the class also do this, and he doesn't care if they do. I however, am not allowed to. I have to follow his lessons exactly, and sit there being bored off my ass for 2 hours. He has proclaimed that I dont understand anything he is saying, and dont know what I am doing. And no, it's not just me thinking that he is being an ass to me, others agree. Last week the lesson was actaually tolerable, because we had a sub - the guy who will be teacher the class the 2nd semester. Thank god he's actually seems like a nice guy, and doesnt have a stick up his ass. Of course he assumed I didn't speak Italian, and was surprised when he learned I did. Then when I was messing around with my own thing, instead of yelling at me to follow the example, he understood that I knew how to do it, and asked me questions instead about where I was from. the 2nd semester wont get here fast enough as far as that class is concerned.

There isn't anything particuarly noteworthy to talk about regarding my other classes. Outside of class I do homework, try to study some Italian, and hang out with friends some. Last night a big group of us went to the Birraficcio after class for a pint and dinner (gotta love cheap home brewed beer and free food). Hung out there for a couple hours, then I went over to Federico's place and had debates about composition for a couple of hours, before making loud seagull noises at midnight in an attempt to frighten his roommate in to wanting to move out - so that I can move in. yes, the apartment search continues. It was an interesting night, although I think Federico now hates me as I was a bit harsh on him ;)

posted by Lori @ 2:58 PM

3 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

I am happy to know you are alive. No posts for days and now 3! Hope all is well in Milan.
Cyn
PS.Why are searching for a new apartment? Did I miss something?
Cyn

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Lori said...

yes, alive and well. Just without little freetime.

My apartment rental here was only for three months, as the person who owns it normally lives in my room - she has been in China, but is coming back mid dec. So I can either move out end of this month, or end of next (she'll stay at her mothers if I want to stay here for dec). I'm trying to move out end of month though to save money, as my rent here is quite a bit, and I'm hoping to find something cheaper, also because moving over the new year wouldn't be fun!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

I am gonna check out the paper store pronto, I miss the Paper Zone more than you know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




 
  name: Lori McKee
location: Virgina, USA
 
  view my portfolio
view my complete blogger profile




    Scooter & Fargus




Blogroll Random Sites
Previous Posts