Sunday, November 06, 2005
brithday weekend re-cap
 

So this post is actually quite delayed. I started writting it last week, but saved it and forgot about it. So now I'll finish it is a real quick re-cap of last (last) weekend and the bday.

Well, the birthday is officially over, and in both time zones I am now 23. I have to admit that it didn't much feel like a birthday, but it was fun anyways.

Thursday night a small group of us from school decided to go to some concert/exhibition that Stefano had read about. It didn't start until 11, so we got an aperativo first and hung out. When we got to the place, it was a bit different from what we were expecting. It was like some kind of hippy gathering. The music was very "experimental" as in it was hard to tell if they'd ever played an instrument before. We ended up leaving about 20 min after it started. It was fun anyways though just hanging out and making fun of how bad it was.

Friday morning my lesson was cancelled. AGAIN. yes, I've yet to actually have this lesson yet. Since there was no school I went and met Federico and we went into the center, wandered around and took some photos. We spent most of the time in a park, which was quite nice. Here's a picture in the park, and a few of my favorite shots from that day.






Friday night I went out and met Helen from expats, and some of her friends. We did some bar hoping, and it turned into quite a fun night.I'm looking forward to the next chance to go out with them. It was nice to be able to hang out with some people not from my school, and get some variety in the conversations. :)

Saturday I spent most of the day sleeping off Friday, and when I wasn't sleeping I was still in bed. I eventually got up and got ready to go out and meet Federico and his friend Lorenzo for a pint, and then we headed over to Teresa's house in navagli for a party she was having. (Teresa goes to my school and is from Germany). There were a ton of people there, and it was good times all around. About every 5 minutes something was being spilled or dropped, and I'm sure her floor the next day resembled our old floor in ctown -- unsafe to walk on without shoes. While it wasn't actually a birthday party for me, I got sung happy birthday in several languages before I left, and it was a relaxing night just to hang out with friends.

Anyways, that is the quick birthday re-cap for those of you who haven't heard about it. I'll try and write more on recent events (such as yesterday I had my first interesting class at school!) But it is doubtful that it will happen today, as I dont think I'll be back home till late.

posted by Lori @ 6:33 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




 
  name: Lori McKee
location: Virgina, USA
 
  view my portfolio
view my complete blogger profile




    Scooter & Fargus




Blogroll Random Sites
Previous Posts