Monday, October 31, 2005
Dreaming in Flavors Part II
 

Last night I dreamed that I was back in the states for some reason, and was leaving the next day. I was at the supermarket in order to buy all those things I missed, and the one thing I wanted the most, Torani. To my horror I ran through the store as announcements that they were closing rang out over the speaker, and couldnt find any. I went from isle to isle, and it was no where to be found.

Its scary the things we dream of.

I awoke this morning and quickly went to the kitchen and made myself some cafe. My friend Matteo went to England last week, and brought me back a bottle of hazelnut syrup. Mmmmm I cant wait until he visits and brings it. :) The vanilia I found here just isnt the same. But it works. It allows me my big cups of pick-me-up in the morning. There are some things I'm willing to give up ("when in Rome..."), like going and sitting in Starbucks with Kari, talking for hours over a frappacino and bagel from Noahs (of course I really have no choice in giving these things up). Giving up my morning cups of goodness is not something I'm willing to do. Italians tell me - you're in Italy, do it like we do it. True, I'm in Italy, but I'm not Italian... and until the day that I miracuously become Italian, I intend to keep my morning ritual in tack.

posted by Lori @ 4:23 AM

2 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you just put that syrup in your coffee, sans cream? Ewww..

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger Lori said...

no! ew! with milk as well of course!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




 
  name: Lori McKee
location: Virgina, USA
 
  view my portfolio
view my complete blogger profile




    Scooter & Fargus




Blogroll Random Sites
Previous Posts