Friday, October 28, 2005
morning greeting
 

A few days ago Stefano and I arrived home at the same time as one of our neighbors - and his toddler son, and several bags of groceries. Since we live on the top floor and would undoubtably have to pass by their apartment anyways, we offered to help carry bags for them. It turns out that they live in the apartment directly below us. The man was most greatful for the help, I had seen him before in passing, but never talked to him.

2 days later, bright and early on our way to class we were crossing the street outside our apartment. Someone walked by, and smiled saying "buongiorno!" I had been in a daze, nursing my coffee and not paying much attention. Afterall, who do I know that lives around here? I turned my head as he passed, he looked familar, but it didnt click from where. Stefano, who had also been caught off gaurd turned to me and said "its the man from our building with the groceries."

As we continued on walking I had a little smile on my face. It was the first time since coming here that I passed someone I knew in the street and had them great me. How nice I thought, as I sipped my coffee.

posted by Lori @ 5:09 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




 
  name: Lori McKee
location: Virgina, USA
 
  view my portfolio
view my complete blogger profile




    Scooter & Fargus




Blogroll Random Sites
Previous Posts