Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Flying Wheat
 

Growing up I always saw the cartoons and such where the bread goes flying out of the toaster. As a kid I was always dissapointed that our toaster did not send bread flying into the air. Never have I had a toaster that actually did this. Until now.

I decided to make myself a tunafish sandwhich for dinner, on wheat none the less. Wheat bread is something that I had never seen in Italy before. When I lived here before sliced bread seemed to be a new concept. Now it's everywhere. The store across the street seems to sell three basic kinds- white, multigrain, and wheat. I've been a bit skeptical of it so far, but decided today to try it, and so I bought a loaf.

So anyways, I stuck the bread in the toaster, which I had yet to use before. Not knowing how long it was going to go for, and not wanting my bread to burn, I decided part way through to stop it. Normal method: pull the handle back up. So up the handle went, and out my bread went, flying into the air. It was quite the sight really, and gave me a good chuckle. Leave it to the Italians to do things like on tv...

posted by Lori @ 4:04 PM

2 Comments:

At 5:48 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

It sounds like you have your hands full with school! I admire you for taking classes in Italian. Best wishes!

What is with the bread over here? Is it me or is it always extra dry?
Don't feel too bad about being attacked by flying bread, it has happened to me (more then once).

I mixed up our weekend in Milan. We didn't go last weekend, we are going THIS weekend. Maybe we can meet for a coffee?
Cyn

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

Haven't you heard Corrie and my stories about bread flying out the window? It looks like you are experiencing it in Milan too. It's not a sign of an Italian house--it's a sign that an American lives there!

Hope classes are going well! Have a great weekend!

-Jackie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




 
  name: Lori McKee
location: Virgina, USA
 
  view my portfolio
view my complete blogger profile




    Scooter & Fargus




Blogroll Random Sites
Previous Posts