Saturday, October 01, 2005
not again...
 

I think I am getting sick.

Those who know me, know this isnt good. I dont get colds like a normal person. When I get a cold, I dont move for days. When I lived in Macerata I had strep throat for about 3 months. yes, 3 months. The doctor kept giving me antibiotics, but they were either never enough, or not strong enough, because just as I was getting better, I'd run out, and it'd come back. At one point I was under doctors orders not to get out of bed for 3 days. He even called my professor and told him that I wasn't allowed to go on the trip to assisi.

I've been fighting it off for awhile now, blamming it on other things. Stuffy nose? must be from pollution. Tired? Maybe my Iron's getting low again. Swollen throat? Well hell, my throat just likes to do that for fun. Chugging massive ammounts of water? ummm dehydrated?

This morning I woke up after 13 hours of a dead sleep. I've been sleeping a lot lately, I thought maybe because I just dont have much to do. Maybe I'm just catching up from the 3 months before I moved where my body littlerly wouldnt let me sleep more than 4 hours a night. Even if I went to bed early, and didnt have anything to do in the morning, I would still wake up, and not be able to get to sleep. it was all the stress I think. I've been fighting a swollen throat though the past couple of weeks. And today I just feel like crap. I'm groggy. my throat is swollen (although thankfully doesnt hurt), my neck is stiff and hates me when i want to move it, and if I bend over my head starts to spin.

Great. just in time for Jordan to come. I'll pull through though. I havent gotten to the 'i feel like shit and you aint getting me off this couch' stage yet. Shower and coffee are bound to help some. And I'm sure seeing Jordan will help snap me outta it a bit as well. And if nothing else, I brought a supply of my beloved dayquil with me.

Does dayquil have an equivalent in Italy?

posted by Lori @ 6:08 AM

1 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Spero che tu ti senta meglio!At least you have dayquil.

Cyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




 
  name: Lori McKee
location: Virgina, USA
 
  view my portfolio
view my complete blogger profile




    Scooter & Fargus




Blogroll Random Sites
Previous Posts