Friday, September 23, 2005
Dreaming in Flavors
 

I know I'm in the land of coffee, and I should be hung for saying this, but I WANT Starbucks. I NEED Starbucks. While I apprechiate a good cafe or cappacino, they are no replacement for the creamy blend of flavors that I am so used to having. The sweet flavored goodness of coffee like only they know how to make. It's been 46 days since my last caramel macchiato. I'm beginning to forget the flavor.

When I was searching for the bank last week, I saw a suspicious looking green sign across the street. For a split second my heart stopped, as even though I knew there were no Starbucks in Italy (yes, I checked), I hoped, that perhaps it was a starbucks. Upon further inspection, I discovered that it was nothing more than a plant store.

My cravings have gotten so bad that I've begun looking at Ryanair. with 24 hours and 45euro I can fly to London and back, indulge myself all day in coffee heaven, and pick up a hefty supply of flavored syrups. caramel.. hazelnut.. toffee.. vanilia...

Of course I wont actually go. But the thought is still there. Tempting me. Knowing that starbucks is only two hours away is a dangerous thought.

posted by Lori @ 9:33 AM

5 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, with all the comments I hear about folks missing Starbucks in Italy, I'm wondering if a franchise over there is in order ... Hmmmm. (of course, the purists would probably stone me!)

 
At 4:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you need company on your trip to England let me know. I would LOVE some Starbucks myself! Only 2 hours.....

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Maybe we should have a GTG in London.... I bet we'd get a good turn out!

 
At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori, I travel from Torino to NY for work with some frequency and ALWAYS bring back a couple of pounds of french roast and sumatra. Even my husband is now Caffe Americano dipendente. (we are melitta users) I actually always get some for the nice lady in my Torrefazione, where I buy ACCEPTABLE but NON STARBUCKS fresh ground coffee. And she loves it...! I'd be happy to send you a pound, if you'd like - am in NY now. Let me know!
lauriesantoliquido@yahoo.it

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger Adrian said...

Hi! In February I went to Rome and you know what I was looking for? Starbucks of course! Until then I didn't know there aren't any Starbucks in Italy. Sad but true. So when I came back to Switzerland the first drink I had was a Frappuccino Mocha at Starbucks in Zurich...

I heard some rumours: Soon there will be a Starbucks in Lugano in Switzerland. Not far away from Milano. Take the train and you can enjoy coffee at Starbucks in Lugano...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




 
  name: Lori McKee
location: Virgina, USA
 
  view my portfolio
view my complete blogger profile




    Scooter & Fargus




Blogroll Random Sites
Previous Posts