Friday, September 30, 2005
Spicy Layored Dip
 

I recieved my first package yesterday. When I saw it downstairs, I assumed it was from Carole (who has sent me misquito killers!), and didnt look at the name on it, but rather stuck it in my bag and started the hike up. I had also recieved two slips from the post office telling me that two of my boxes from home that I had mailed to myself, had arrived and were waiting for me at the post office (couldnt they have brought them to me?). When I got upstairs, I got out the package and stareted to open it, when I noticed that it had a customs form on it. That's strange I thought, and then looking closer, noticed that it wasnt from Carole, but was from AJ! I then remembered that she had said that she put something in the mail for me. I quickly opened it and dumped out the contents: A card, Reeses Peanut butter cups (shaped like pumpkins!) and Taco seasoning!

As I read through the card and happily munched on peanut butter goodness, I was reminded by AJ of good times and good friends in the past. She wrote that "it still hasnt set in that you're gone, and that I'm leaving soon, and that everything is going to be really different." In a way it still hasnt set in for me either. I'm not sure if it every really does set in though. I understand that I dont live in Corvallis anymore, and that I'm not going to see my friends from there for a long time, but it never quite feels real. I think part of it is living this life in Italy. Whenever I come to Italy it always seems like a parralelle life to Corvallis. As if while I'm in one, time stands still in the other. Then, when I return, it slowly becomes obvious that time hasnt stood still. sometimes it's a hard concept to grasp when you're so far away.

Still, good friends are always there for you. AJ, having watched me prepare several packages for Jackie full of peanut butter cups and seasoning packets knew exactly what to send me. :) And as I sit here reading a suggestion for a Spicy Layered Dip, good memories of Bombs Away Cafe, pints of Heff, and bomber nachos come into mind.

Thanks for the package AJ!


Me and AJ at our Halloween party last year.

posted by Lori @ 9:36 AM

2 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

just got a package yesterday too--it's great fun, isn't it? enjoy making spicy layered dip and eating peanut butter cups ( i take it these aren't the kind that people can confuse the wrapper for dark chocolate, but still...careful you don't eat the paper!).

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Ha, no, not the kind where you can eat the paper! The Italians are safe! Although they did get a little melted and smushed in the mail, so instead of looking like pumpkins they look more like brown blobs. But they taste oh so good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




 
  name: Lori McKee
location: Virgina, USA
 
  view my portfolio
view my complete blogger profile




    Scooter & Fargus




Blogroll Random Sites
Previous Posts