Monday, September 26, 2005
Magical Stairs
 

As said before, my apartment is on the 6th floor of my building, without an elevator. My old place in Macerata was on the 4th without an elevator. Jackie's apartment is on the 5th. Somehow the extra flight of stairs here seems like a lot more.

In general the rules for stairs are that they're really not that bad unless its
1. really hot outside
2. you're really tired
3. you have a lot of bags

I've discovered something with my stairs though, rule number 3 doesnt apply to them. Sure enough, the first time I dragged my bag up the stairs they seemed like they never ended - Id also just had a very long train ride from Sorrento. But the second time I brought bags up the stairs, when I got my things out of storage, I noticed something strange. I seemed to arrive at the top faster than normal. I shrugged it off. But it happened again, when I had groceries. And again. And again. And I've noticed a trend with it: The more I have, the quicker I get to the top.

Today I bought my biggest purchase from the store yet- one full bag of groceries AND a six pack of water. Arms loaded I started up the stairs, ready for what undoubtably would be a long hike. Trugging along I looked up when I arrived at what I thought to be the 3rd floor (I try not to count, as that eneviably makes the climb longer), hoping that it would be the 4th instead. To my surprise, I was looking at the door which I swore to be the one belonging to the 5th floor. Puzzeled I continued on. I must have gotten the doors mixed up in my mind. After all, there was no way I had already climbed 5 flights. Sure enough though, when I reached the next floor I saw my door staring back at me. Again, I thought there must be some mistake, I couldnt possibly be at my door already. I put down the bags and started to put my keys in the door. A moment of fear came over me, was I sure this was my door? I looked up. Sure enough, the stairs ended. So I turned the key, and the door opened.

As I entered the apartment two thoughts came to mind.
1. I'm finally getting used to the stairs -or-
2. I need to start buying groceries everytime I come home.

posted by Lori @ 11:55 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




 
  name: Lori McKee
location: Virgina, USA
 
  view my portfolio
view my complete blogger profile




    Scooter & Fargus




Blogroll Random Sites
Previous Posts