Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Birrificio Lambrate
 

A few blocks away is the Birrificio Lambrate, or the Lambrate Brewery. It was recommended to me by Alice Twain, and Saturday night I finally went for their happy hour. I met up with Michelle, a Chilean girl from my program. It's a nice, cool, chill atmosphere reminding me a lot of Bombs. We didn't stay very late, as we took off to go back to her place and later checked out a club (free entrance cause we're foriegn, wohoo!), but as I was leaving, I knew that I would be back. I didn't however realize how soon I'd be back.

Yesterday Stefano came, and while calling around to some other students from our school, we found out that three of them were nearby. Well, two students from our school, Juan and Laura from mexico, and Laura's Italian roommate who goes to the Politecnico, Carmela. So anyways, all of them came over for dinner, and then afterwards we decided to go get a drink, and where did Carmela suggest we go? But of course to the Birrificio! So off we went. This time it was around midnight, and there were tons of students there, the inside was packed full (its not very big inside) and the street outside was overflown with people standing around in groups drinking. That's one nice thing about here in Italy, is you can drink in the street. So you simply go in, get a beer, and then head back out. It seems like quite the social atmosphere, and Carmela said that it was like that every night.

While they may not have dancing on the tables, I think I may have found my new 4porte.

posted by Lori @ 8:19 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




 
  name: Lori McKee
location: Virgina, USA
 
  view my portfolio
view my complete blogger profile




    Scooter & Fargus




Blogroll Random Sites
Previous Posts