Saturday, November 26, 2005
morning surprise
 

I woke up this morning late. almost noon. I had turned off my alarm since it's saturday, and had closed my shutters on the window to help keep cold air out. Result, darkness and un-desturbed rest. I woke up and went about my morning as normal, reading emails and such before ever getting out of bed. Finally I decided to check and see how cold it was today. I dont even remember what temp it said it was, all I saw, was the snow on the report. I checked 2 other reports just to get their opinions, before going to my window and braving it. To my surprise when I opened the shutters, I saw fluffy flakes coming down, much different than the icy little ones we had yesterday. Despite how much I complain about the cold, there is somethng magical about that first snowfall, that first morning of waking up when you're a little kid, running to the window and watching the snow fall down. Listening intently to the radio to see if school is cancelled, then bundling up and going outside to play with your friends.

Well, we dont have quite enough snow to play, its only sticking to rooftops right now, and somehow I imagine even if it was a weekday, school wouldnt be cancelled (although in corvallis this miniscule amount of snow would tempt them to cancel school - that's just how much of wuses we are).

I'm reminded of the snow and ice "storm" last winter where OSU got closed for 2 days in a row. Historical. Walking to fredmyers 3 blocks away took almost half an hour because of the inches of ice layered on everything (it was a perfect time for our front door lock to stop working!) It was a fun winter going sleeding with everyone, and the magic loop on the way to Kathy's house. Hot chocolate and cookies, late breakfasts at Sharies. good times and good memories all around.



posted by Lori @ 5:57 AM

1 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Enjoy the snow! It FEELS cold enough to snow here, but instead we are showered with a mixture of sleet and rain.

The cats are cozied up to the radiators in an effort to keep warm. I think I might join them!

Cyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




 
  name: Lori McKee
location: Virgina, USA
 
  view my portfolio
view my complete blogger profile




    Scooter & Fargus




Blogroll Random Sites
Previous Posts