Friday, October 07, 2005
strange addictions
 

I admit it. I'm a Civilization addict.

My uncle started me playing this game many many years ago, and it's very addicting. The last 3 years the only thing I ever used my PC for was playing Civ, as I only had the PC version. I had to be careful with it though. I was only allowed to play on holliday breaks from school. This meant 3 times a year - christmas, summer, and spring break. If you dont know the game, this may seem a bit harsh. If you do know the game, you know why I did this. I've lost days of my life to this game. Literally. I would wake up, start playing, and play all day and well into the night. Sleep a few hours, and wake up and play again.

This summer I didn't play it at all, as I was too busy with the move. Now, I've got the time, but no game. I know I should be studying, but I keep feeling that urge to play. At this particular moment its very bad. My urges have started me looking online for a copy to buy. There are several on ebay, and amazon. The mac version isn't as popular as the PC version, thus costs more. But it's worth it.

I'm thinking I may get myself an early birthday present. But even then it will take a good week to get here if I order it. and between shipping costs it may be cheaper to buy it here. I need to do more investigating. In the mean time, as I can't play it right now, I figured I would do the next best thing. Blog about it.

posted by Lori @ 10:48 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




 
  name: Lori McKee
location: Virgina, USA
 
  view my portfolio
view my complete blogger profile




    Scooter & Fargus




Blogroll Random Sites
Previous Posts