Friday, January 27, 2006
snow snow snow
 

well, it has now been snowing for almost 2 days straight. they say tomorrow we'll get rain... im not sure if that is a good thing or not though. while yesterday we only had a few inches of snow, it has now gotten to be over a foot that has fallen. this means that no one is driving. combine that with the fact that its friday and everyone is trying to leave the city for the weekend, and you get extremely packed metros. I've never seen anything like it. coming home from school today there was a line going down the stairs to get to the platform, as the platform was too full too hold anymore people. I somehow managed to squeeze my way down, only to watch 4 trains go by before i was able to get on one. 2 of these trains didnt even stop because they were so full. Normally people are fairly polite, let everyone get off first, and they they get on. today though it was a mad rush. as soon as the doors opened everyone was pushing to get on, even though there was NO room at all. People on the train were yelling to let them off, and it was general chaos. I finally made it home though, about an hour after i left school (normally takes me 25min). I'm just glad I dont have to leave the house again until friday.

this is from yesterday, the view out of one of the windows at school. Looks quite nice... today you couldnt see the trees through the snow.


Horrible picture of me, but i figured i'd post it anyways. After class yesterday with my friend Sasha. I forgot to take my glasses off after class, and it wasnt until looking at the photo that I realized i still had them on!


Also after class yesterday (Andrea and Fede) - pay attention to how much snow is on the cars. This was at about 4.30pm (it had started snowing sometime during the night before)


This is a car by my school today. You can see just how much more snow fell today.


Outside of my bedroom window about half an hour ago (5.30pm). And yes, its still snowing.

posted by Lori @ 11:54 AM

2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the biggest snowfall since the 1985 in Milan!!!
:-O

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Snow hogs! We wanted a little snow around here, but still NOTHING! It is always fun and pretty until (that is) you have to go out in it!

Cyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




 
  name: Lori McKee
location: Virgina, USA
 
  view my portfolio
view my complete blogger profile




    Scooter & Fargus




Blogroll Random Sites
Previous Posts