Wednesday, January 25, 2006
blog additions
 

I've been a bit lazy about blogging. School has been really busy with midterms and finals. Unlike in america where all finals happen in the same week, and midterms around the same time, there they stretch out over almost two months. So while typography is done and over, and design history starting, I've still got a final in semiotics, a midterm in color, a project in advertising, and a project in visual. The two projects being due (for the most part) on monday. Yup, it's gonna be a long weekend. Not to mention the fact that it's been bloody cold here again, and we're expecting a couple inches of snow tomorrow.

On a lighter note though, I wanted to mention a few new blogs. Carole, who lives north up at the lakes, has started a blog after a bit of proding over on expats. Carole hosted the GTG up at lake como back in October. She also graciously came to my need in the fall when the misquitoes were eating me alive, and mailed me some plug-in repellents (as I was told at the store that there were no more misquitoes, and I would have to wait till the next year to by them). Unfortunately the same theif who stole my last box mailed to myself from the states, also stole her packet so I never got it. The troubles with the Italian post office... that's more of a book than a blog entry. Still, I really appreciated the thought!

Annika, one of the regulars and a monitor over on Expattalk also started a blog, documenting her efforts to move to Italy (hopefully for the GTG in June!), as well as some really cute pics of her son :D It's great to be able to peep into each others lives through the blogs, see what everyone is up to, and often times be able to relate to the same experiences they're going through living in another country, or in their efforts to get here.

One final blog, of a different type, is blogfolio started by group B at my school, and relates to the project that we're working on for Portfolio in Piazza. As part of our project we're having our own 'booth' at the exhibition, where fotos from our journeys here will be displayed. The blog is a way for the photos to be viewed by others. we can all submit fotos, and then they will post them on the blog and others can make comments about them. It's an interesting look into how a bunch of designers view the world. There aren't a lot of photos as of yet, but hopefully soon there will be more (I still need to send some in!). Sorry though, it's all written in Italian. But you can still view the photos!

posted by Lori @ 2:25 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




 
  name: Lori McKee
location: Virgina, USA
 
  view my portfolio
view my complete blogger profile




    Scooter & Fargus




Blogroll Random Sites
Previous Posts