Saturday, May 13, 2006
tickets bought
 

well, i finally did it. i bought my tickets, and today recieved my confirmation that my student status went through (allowing me to get slightly cheaper tickets). So it's all settled. 10.30 am July 4th I fly out of Malpensa, arriving in DC at Dulles at 2 pm. Which means hopefully I'll be out of the airport by 3pm. My brother will be picking me up, and I've already told him that our first stop out of the airport (if I dont find one there!) will be at a Starbucks :D

The more I got to looking at tickets, I realized that I kinda liked the idea of being back in the states for the 4th of July. I've only missed it once, when I was living in England. I did nothing special that day, went to work like normal. I think it will be a nice welcome back to the states to go "home" and watch the fireworks. I'm hoping for a big burger and fries, a couple beers, and a nice show before I pass out from jet lag.

I'm not sure what we'll be doing. If we'll hang out in DC and watch the show, or head back to williamsburg. I'm hoping not williamsburg though, as I'm guessing the show there would be quite limited (kinda like the year I spent the 4th in Prineville, OR... the show consisted of about 4 or 5 fireworks spread out over half an hour. now THAT was pathetic.)

Anyways, I'm down to 5 weeks of classes, one week vacation, one week final presentations, and then 4 days to wrap everything up before getting on the plane. The plan is to head down to Macerata once again, and hopefully actually see Jackie this time during my week vacation before presentations. Of course as in all things with my school, we probably wont find out what days we actually have our presentations on until the night before. For example, our presentation for triennale was supposed to happen originally on the 2nd of May. It's been re-scheduled 3 times already, all 3 times cancelled. now there are rumors it'll happen next week. who knows.

but no complaining about class. now it's time to go, as people are arriving and there is a disco calling my name. gotta have some fun before i leave!

posted by Lori @ 5:27 PM

7 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope to see you soon in macerata,I can't believe how is going to the end soon this year;it seems yesterday when you moved from here to milan to start the lessons...don't you think so?

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

What a great day to land in America! I was sooooo homesick last fourth of July! I think this year we will have a BBQ with friends!

Have fun and enjoy you last weeks here. Be sure to have something great at Starbucks for me!
Cyn

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Lori said...

matteo - I know! time has gone so fast! I cant believe that it is almost over. But it just means that I gotta start planning my next trip back to visit. And you gotta plan your trip to america!

Cyn - a bbq is definitely the way to go! make sure to get a watermelon, it's not the 4th without one :) And dont worry, I'll be sure to dedicate more than one drink to you! I'm gonna have to watch myself though to make sure I dont get a caffine overload!

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

Have fun in D.C. on the 4th! It's a great place to spend the 4th (if not rather crowded) and you'll get a good dose of Americana :). Wish I could be there for the 4th too!

Not sure about that 3rd week in June about visiting--is that when you'll be in town? One way or another, we'll have to see each other. Maybe I'll come up to Milan...

hi to Matteo! (where are you these days?)

-Jackie

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jackie-

yeah, unfortunately that's the only time i'll be able to come before i leave! last day of classes is june 16th, and then sometimw between the 26th and 30th i have final presentations, but they havent told us when yet. so the only time i have for sure is between the 16th and 25th. Hopefully some time during then will work out! If not you're always welcome to come up here for a visit!

Lori

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Tracie P. said...

so will you be coming back?

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Cuoricino said...

tickets bought. it's sounds so final.

have a great last few weeks in italy :) i fly into italy the day before you land here in the States. when one expat goes home... there's another one somewhere in the world that gets their set of wings...

or something like that :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




 
  name: Lori McKee
location: Virgina, USA
 
  view my portfolio
view my complete blogger profile




    Scooter & Fargus




Blogroll Random Sites
Previous Posts