Thursday, January 25, 2007
knitting and stuff
 

I enjoy knitting, but I've found that here in Williamsburg there isnt much use for scarves. This caused me a problem, cause lets face it, a girl only needs so many scarves when she never has a chance to wear them! So for Christmas this year I did a bit of knitting. Not as much as I was planning to, as I got a late start. But I did manage to to knit two scarves, one for my mom and one for Jackie. Unfortunately I forgot to take photos of them before I mailed them off. I did get my mom to take a photo of the one I made for her though:


This scarf was also my first attempt at blocking. Obviously it didnt work so well, as the scarf still tends to curl up around the edges. My mom says she likes it this way though, so I suppose all is good. Also in the photo is this weird chicken ornament thing that I got for her. Somehow it seemed like something she would enjoy :) The pattern in the scarf is eyelet diamonds the whole way. Actually fairly easy to do, although a little time consumming.

The scarf I made for Jackie was in the same yarn, but a different pattern. Her's looks a bit more like rounded fans one on top of the other. It was even more time consuming, but again, a simple pattern to follow. Perhaps later I'll take a picture of the picture in the pattern that I used and post that :D

In other news, I'm finding myself with a lot of extra time on my hands in the mornings. I'm working on a project here in town everyday, but we dont leave until around 8.30 or 9.30 depending on the day. I like to give myself an hour to an hour and a half in the morning to get up, shower, read email and have coffee before leaving. And while I have my alarm set for 7.30, I havent actually heard it in over a week. My body keeps waking me up sooner. Yesterday at 6.30, and today at 6! Granted I have been going to bed around 10.30 or 11 at night, do I really need to be waking up before the sun has even started to peep out!? On the bright side, atleast by the time i get to work I'm wide awake!

posted by Lori @ 6:59 AM

4 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Annika said...

I can't see the picture! :(

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Lori said...

hmm what OS/browser are you using? my mom has problems a lot too, but im not sure why! They always show up fine on my computers.... ? :(

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Lori said...

here is the direct link to the photo: http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/5711/1589/1600/240884/8x6CIMG0038.jpg

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Thanks Annika! Although i must admit that most of the photos I post on here are just quick snapshots and definitely not my best work!

Im still not sure why you cant see the photos. Im going to see if I can get my brother to help me figure it out later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




 
  name: Lori McKee
location: Virgina, USA
 
  view my portfolio
view my complete blogger profile




    Scooter & Fargus




Blogroll Random Sites
Previous Posts