Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Newest creation
 



I've finally gotten back into knitting, after taking a bit of a break this past year. I figured out how to do a cable stitch the other day, and now I'm working on this scarf. Not too shabby. Of course all I ever make is scarfs, but this one is a bit cooler than my normal knit-stich only creations. It's slow going, although I'm not finding it too difficult to do. Certainally is a good way to practice the stich - my next project is to try a cable knit hat to match a purple and orange scarf I made a couple weeks ago. The yarn for that is a bit more difficult to work with though, so I figured I'd better get the feel for it first with this before attempting that one.

posted by Lori @ 6:38 PM

4 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

ooh, wow! any chance you'll make me a scarf? :)

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Lori said...

I think my blogger hates you, it never sends me a notification when you leave a comment! Anyways, careful what you wish for, you never know what will come your way at xmas time!

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound like me with the knitting: Scarves only. Oh well, they've never gone out of fashion have they :) I have a break too during the summer when there's not much call for scarves.
Delina

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Delina - The thing i like about scarves is the more instant gratification, since they dont take that long to do! I'm still set on actually doing something bigger though.. I think perhaps I'll start with a blanket, as although it takes a lot of time its not nearly as complicated as a sweater or something!

Tina - sent you an email, hope you got it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




 
  name: Lori McKee
location: Virgina, USA
 
  view my portfolio
view my complete blogger profile




    Scooter & Fargus




Blogroll Random Sites
Previous Posts