Monday, October 02, 2006
all done!
 



Well, I finally finished it, and with only a few tiny errors! (pearl instead of knit, grr!) Kalika seems to like it though :D It's actually an orange color, Beaver Orange really, despite it looking a bit red here. And in length its about 5.5 feet, almost as tall as me! Now I'm on to figure out multi color knitting - I want to do one with two wider cables one color, and the space inbetween another color. I'm going to try knitting it in the round so that all the carries from one color to the next dont show, I just hope that doesnt make it too thick in the end :D

posted by Lori @ 1:21 PM

5 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

looks really nice, Lori! orange though, huh? today i'm heading to cityper, so i'll check out what the 'colors' for fall are (but most likely orange IS one of them...)

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Hehe yeah, well you got to remember that we tend to be a bit behind over here, especially out on the west coast! Last years fasions are bound to be a hit in Oregon this year. :D Do let me know about the colors though, gotta keep up on it. I've heard that black is coming back to kick brown out. Poor brown. :(

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

ciao bella again! listen, i tagged you for a meme: here's where you can read about mine and find links to the explanations etc:
http://stelleinitalia.blogspot.com/2006/10/youre-invited-meme.html

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger mikeacoyle said...

Well done. Is there a new career calling?

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

Ciao...I just got back into knitting as well and I am molto impressed with your scarf. I know how long it takes to do cable knits...but over 5 feet of them? What a woman... brava!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




 
  name: Lori McKee
location: Virgina, USA
 
  view my portfolio
view my complete blogger profile




    Scooter & Fargus




Blogroll Random Sites
Previous Posts