Wednesday, March 08, 2006
health check
 

well, the visit was a little less painful this time - different doctor, and i made it there and home in less than 4 hours. i left feeling a bit relieved after having a lung xray come out clean. the doctor things this is just the flu dragging on a really long time, and gave me a prescription for antibiotics (6 weeks of a flu is too much). he also gave me the name and location of another doctor nearby who im supposed to go see after im done with the antibiotics. he didnt say why, just that i need to go see him. im guessing just some kind of follow up appointment. who knows. the only bad news is that unless i wanted to head into the center tonight, i gotta wait till tomorrow to get the medicine - everything is closed around here. so looks like i got another restless night ahead of me.

one thing that made me smile at the doctor was while i was in the waiting room coughing every few min (people slowly moved aaway from me) at one point a little old lady came up to me and offered me a hard candy to suck on for my throat. i kindly declined as the cough was coming from my chest and not my throat (my throat is fine if not a little sure from all the coughing) and i had visions of the candy going flying across the room from the force of a cough!

posted by Lori @ 3:13 PM

1 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Oh no! I'm glad to hear that your sister got better. It's horrible being sick for so long, it really does take a toll on your body. I feel pretty good this morning - maybe the antibiotics are already starting to help, or maybe its because I slept about 10 hours :D Who knows. The first time I lived here in Italy though I had strep throat for about 3 months. The doctor gave me antibiotics from the beginning but they either werent strong enough, or he didnt give me enough. I think I went through about 4 antibiotic prescriptions because just as i would be almost better I would run outta pills and then it would come back even stronger!

I think the thing I dont like about going to the hospitals here (besides from the differences in the way things are run) is that once they know I'm not fluent in Italian they dont even try to explain things to me. Like the doctor telling me that he thinks it's a prolonged flu - that was his way of saying "i dont feel like trying to explain it to you" - because if it was a flu i wouldnt get antibiotics. oh well. i suppose as long as i get better it's not so important to know what I have. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




 
  name: Lori McKee
location: Virgina, USA
 
  view my portfolio
view my complete blogger profile




    Scooter & Fargus




Blogroll Random Sites
Previous Posts