Saturday, March 04, 2006
Carnivale - Milano style
 



aparently the church in Milano uses a different calander. so while everywhere else carnivale finishes on wed, here it finishes saturday. So today after meeting with my group this morning, we all decided to head to the duomo and check things out. It's quite a bit different here - not nearly so touristy, but more the people who actually live here. Lots of children dressed in costumes, a parade (which from what i saw of it wasnt that great) and generally chaos. One of the main things to do is have fights with confetti, silly string, and spray foam. Mostly the kids do it, but some adults as well. I wasn't planning on participating, until my friend Antonio bought a can of foam and started attacking me. I quickly got this away from him and started spraying him. of course this meant that he had to go buy another can, and the war started. It was quite fun if not silly, and luckily the foam causes no damage except making your hair a bit greasy :D





antonio decided to start using the foam for street art... his drawing of me - apparently im the devl. >:D





the only bad news - at some point during the war i managed to loose my keys. now it's off to the shop to make copies of my roommates before they close.

posted by Lori @ 12:27 PM

1 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing, I feel I'm visiting there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




 
  name: Lori McKee
location: Virgina, USA
 
  view my portfolio
view my complete blogger profile




    Scooter & Fargus




Blogroll Random Sites
Previous Posts